A growing network of volunteers across the country are helping to protect the environment from invasive non-native species in their free time. Their incredible efforts help native species and habitats to recover, and benefit their own health and wellbeing through exercise, a better connection with nature, and meeting new like-minded people.
Whether you’re already part of a Local Action Group, or considering getting involved with a project near you, you can find links and information to help you.
Find out more about Local Action Groups:
- Meet some of the volunteers - local Action Group members talk about their reasons for joining and what they enjoy about volunteering.
- About Local Action Groups - find out more about Local Action Groups and their work.
- Annual Local Action Group workshop - catch up on the latest updates from the Local Action Group network at the most recent workshop.
- Find a project near you - want to get involved? Find a project in your area.
- I don’t have time to volunteer but want to help - if you aren’t able to volunteer at the moment there are still plenty of things you can do to help prevent the spread of non-native species.
Resources for Local Action Groups:
- Local Action Group Toolkit - find useful resources and materials in our Local Action Group toolkit.