Welcome to the Defra group personal biosecurity hub. Here you will find information and guidance documents relating to the Defra group personal biosecurity project (DGPBP).
Personal biosecurity refers to the measures taken by an individual to minimise the risk of introducing and spreading biosecurity threats via potentially contaminated clothing, personal equipment, and tools.
The DGPBP aims to raise awareness of the importance of personal biosecurity in curbing the introduction and spread of biosecurity threats, including harmful pests, pathogens, parasites, and invasive non-native species, amongst Defra group staff, contractors, and volunteers, through the implementation of a new minimum standard of personal biosecurity across the participating organisations.
- Guidance store - Links to guidance documents and training materials
- Biosecurity Champions zone - Information for the Biosecurity Champions network (coming soon)
- Other useful biosecurity resources - Links to other biosecurity resources (coming soon)
- Animal and Plant Health Agency
- Broads Authority
- Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
- Drinking Water Inspectorate
- Environment Agency
- Forestry Commission
- Forest Research
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee
- Marine Management Organisation
- Natural England
- National Forest Company
- Rural Payments Agency