Local Action Groups - Home
Hello and welcome to all local action groups. This part of the website aims to assist non-native species action on the ground at local, county and regional levels. Here, you can access our local action resources which contain information, guidance and practical advice to help existing local action groups or forums to tackle non-native species and to help set up new local action initiatives.
You can access and download the resources by selecting items from the list below. If you would like any of the resources on a CD please contact the Secretariat.
Further information can be found on the background of the Local Action Group Resources, the Workshop 2010 and Workshop 2011.
Non-native species information:
- Alert species - Species are on our alert list with details of who to contact if sighted.
- ID sheets - Information, descriptions and pictures to help identification of over 60 different species.
- Non-native Species Information Portal - Information on 20 species so far, over 250 by April 2011.
- Recording Invasive Species Counts (RISC project) - Information on 6 species including how to report sightings.
- Sounds - Vocal calls of some non-native species
- Projects database - Register your project on our database and find other projects.
- Project planning - How to plan a project.
- Local strategic plan - Information on prioritising, surveys, management options,
- Useful links - Links to useful websites.
- Risk assessments - Access to completed non-native species risk assesments.
- Management examples and information
- Recording and reporting non-native species
- Public awareness camapigns - Be Plant Wise & Check clean dry
- Communication - How to find out about other Local Action Group projects.
- Awareness Raising - Guidance for key messages and language to use in communications as well as press releases.
- FAQs - on Non-native species.
- Statistics and facts - on non-native species
- Leaflets, Posters and Presentations - Editable documents for local action groups to personalise.
- Photos - Downloadable photo gallery of non-native species.
- What are non-native species - including definitions and how do they affect me?
- Impact examples - Case studies of some of the impacts of non-native species.
Guidance and advice:
- Invasive Species Action Plans
- General guidance - on non-native species including Japanese Knotweed and aquatic plants.
- Control methods - How to control aquatic non-native species.
- Disposal of plant waste - How to dispose of plant waste material.
- Biosecurity - How to avoid the spread of disease, parasites and pests including several links to useful documents including safety data sheets.
- Legislation - Non-native Species are covered by several pieces of legislation which can be accesed here.
- Health and safety advice - Links to sources of health and safety advise.
We are very keen to make these pages as up-to-date and as useful as possible, so please contact us to suggest improvements or to add to the information.