Publications and reports
This page provides downloads of and links to reports relating to invasive non-native species.
If you would like to recommend a report to add to the website, contact us here.
- Flatworm Code of Practice
- Pet Code of Practice, OATA & REPTA 2014
- Report of the Training Working Group for Great Britain, Training Working Group 2012
- Modelling the risk of the introduction and spread of non-indigenous species in the UK and Ireland, Defra commisioned report by Cefas 2012
- Update on biocontrol projects in GB CABI 2013
- Update on biocontrol projects in GB CABI 2012
- Identifying invasive freshwater shrimps and isopods Defra commisioned guide from the Freshwater Biological Association 2012
- Non-Native Species in Great Britain: establishment, detection and reporting to inform effective decision making. Helen E. Roy, Jim Bacon, Björn Beckmann, Colin A. Harrower, Mark O. Hill, Nick J.B. Isaac, Chris D. Preston, Biren Rathod, Stephanie L. Rorke, John H. Marchant, Andy Musgrove, David Noble, Jack Sewell, Becky Seeley, Natalie Sweet, Leoni Adams, John Bishop, Alison R. Jukes, Kevin J. Walker and David Pearman. Defra 2012.
- Horticulture Code of Practice Defra 2011
- The Economic Cost of Invasive Non-native Species to the British Economy. Defra commisioned report from CABI 2010. Supporting document: Outline of Headline Figures
- Assessment to support continued development of the EU Strategy to combat invasive alien species. Final Report for the European Commission. Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP), Brussels, Belgium.Shine, C., Kettunen, M., Genovesi, P., Essl, F., Gollasch, S., Rabitsch, W., Scalera, R., Starfinger, U. and ten Brink, P. 2010.
- Here today here tomorrow? Horizon scanning for invasive non-native plants Plantlife 2010.
- Towards an early warning and information system for invasive alien species (IAS) threatening biodiversity in Europe 2010
- Media and Communications Strategic Plan Media and Comms Working Group 2010
- Improving bio-security in the United Kingdom Overseas Territories: identification service for invasive invertebrate plant pests Defra commisioned report from Fera 2010
- Rapid response working group final report (2009)
- Wildlife Management and Invasive Non-Native Species. Report of Research Findings among the General Public, Anglers and the Horticultural Retail Trade Defra 2009
- Horizon scanning for new invasive non-native animal species in England Natural England 2009
- Horizon scanning for new invasive non-native animal species in England - Annex Natural England 2009
- UK Technical Advisory Group on the Water Framework Directive - Revised classification of aquatic alien species according to their level of impact UK TAG 2009
- Postnote: Invasive non-native species Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology 2008
- The status of scarce non-native birds and mammals in England Defra commisioned report by Fera 2008
- Deer-Vehicle Collisions Project Report The Deer Initiative, 2006
- Review of Non-Native Species Policy, Defra 2003 (Annex)
- Non-native species research requirements for delivery of the UK Biodiversity Action Plan, JNCC 2003