Invasive Species Week
In 2015, the NNSS and Defra launched the first Invasive Species Week, bringing together a range of organisations to raise awareness of invasive non-native species and inspire people to #GetINNSvolved and stop the spread.
Invasive Species Week 2017 is coming!
27 March - 2 April is Invasive Species Week 2017!
#GetINNSvolved - how can I take part?
Organisations wanting to be involved can take a look at our suggested activities for inspiration, or come up with your own. Let us know what you’re planning, and send us a photo on the day if you can! Contact for more information.
Everyone can help to prevent the spread of invasive non-native species!
- Find out more about invasive non-native species and their impacts
- Check Clean Dry - If you take part in outdoor activities around water find out following how three simple steps can reduce the risk of spreading invasive aquatic species
- Be Plant Wise - Learn why it's so important to manage your pond plants to prevent them taking over your pond or causing problems in the wild
- Volunteer with a Local Action Group
- Learn how to identify and record invasive non-native species. You can even take free online training!
- Follow #InvasivesWeek on Twitter from the 27 March for more info and events
- Tell your friends!