Invasive Species Week
In 2015, the NNSS and Defra launched the first Invasive Species Week, bringing together a range of organisations to raise awareness of invasive non-native species and inspire people to #GetINNSvolved and stop the spread.
It's Invasive Species Week 2017!
27 March - 2 April is Invasive Species Week 2017. Each day we'll be focussing on a different theme, keep up by following @CheckCleanDryGB or searching #InvasivesWeek
Monday - Welcome to Invasive Species Week!
Tuesday - Biosecurity
Wednesday - Identification and recording
Thursday - Local Action Groups
Friday - Other projects
Stay tuned for more information!
#GetINNSvolved - how can I take part?
Everyone can help to prevent the spread of invasive non-native species!
COMPETITION TIME! Take our biosecurity online training during Invasive Species Week to be in with a chance of winning a copy of the Field Guide to Invasive Plants and Animals in Britain
- Find out more about invasive non-native species and their impacts
- Download our new Asian Hornet Watch app and keep your eyes peeled for Asian hornet this Spring!
- Check Clean Dry - If you take part in outdoor activities around water find out following how three simple steps can reduce the risk of spreading invasive aquatic species. Get a free Check Clean Dry pack for your club from !
- Be Plant Wise - Learn why it's so important to manage your pond plants to prevent them taking over your pond or causing problems in the wild. Retailers can get a free Be Plant Wise pack for your store from !
- Volunteer with a Local Action Group
- If you work in the field, take free online biosecurity training.
- Learn how to identify and record invasive non-native species, look out for our alert species. You can even take free online training!
- Follow @CheckCleanDryGB on Twitter to keep up with the campaign, or search #InvasivesWeek
- Tell your friends!
Organisations wanting to be involved can take a look at our suggested activities for inspiration, or come up with your own. Let us know what you’re planning, and send us a photo on the day if you can! Contact for more information.